Improvements to the appearance of your teeth and smile, ranging from teeth whitening to placement of implants to replace missing or broken teeth, comprise cosmetic dentistry. If you’ve suffered dental damage, have gaps between your teeth, have discolored or misshapen teeth, your Woods Dentistry specialist in cosmetic dentistry can restore your teeth and smile to it’s brilliant best.
Among the cosmetic treatments your Woods Dentistry dentist can provide are:
- Teeth whitening – Whitening solution is applied to your teeth, making sure to avoid your gums, then letting the whitening solution work by keeping the solution on your teeth for required time to take effect.
- Veneers – Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or plastic placed over the front teeth to change their color or shape. Veneers are used on teeth with uneven surfaces or are chipped, discolored, oddly shaped, unevenly spaced, or crooked.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are artificial tooth roots surgically anchored to the jaw to hold a replacement tooth. Implants then support crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- Crowns – Bridges and crowns are fixed prosthetic devices cemented onto existing teeth or implants by a dentist or prosthodontist. Sometimes referred to as “caps.”
These methods of treating cosmetic flaws in your teeth and smile are available based on your need and what choice is best, as determined by you in consultation with your dentist at Woods Dentistry.
When visiting Woods Dentistry to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options, you’ll likely review the following:
- Nature of work you want done – whitening, tooth replacement, or other dental work
- A comprehensive examination and inspection of any existing dental work
- Intraoral photographs
- Impressions of your upper and lower teeth
- Reviewing different tooth shapes and sizes to see what appeals to you
Depending on the work required, the processes are then reviewed and scheduled. Once your cosmetic work is completed, you can share your new smile with everyone